How To Buy
Step by step guide to shopping.
- You can view and purchase all products on our web site without logging in or registering. Registering to purchase is optional.
- To choose your item click on the "Add to Basket” button on the relevant product page. Your shopping basket (in the top right-hand side of the page) will show how many items are in your basket. To see what items are in your basket, click the basket icon and the information will appear on the right-hand side of the page. The value of your shopping is shown in pounds sterling and you will be charged in pounds sterling.
- To edit your basket click on the “View Basket” button at the bottom of the shopping list. This will take you to the “My Shopping Basket” page from where you are able to change the quantities by entering the new quantity in the small box and pressing the “Update” button immediately below the small box. When the “Update” button is pressed the system will automatically update the quantity in your basket and the total. You can delete items by clicking on the “bin” icon to the right-hand side of the relevant product in your basket. When the “bin” icon is clicked the system will automatically update the items in your basket and the total cost.
- Postage & package costs and VAT are included in the prices shown on all products. The total you see in your basket will be the total cost of your shopping.
- You can either continue shopping or checkout on this page. To continue shopping click the "continue shopping" button and follow the Checkout Process below. To checkout, click the “Checkout” button and follow from Step 2 in the “Checkout Process” below.
- When you have finished selecting your items please press the “Basket” icon and select the "checkout" button at the bottom of the page.
- If this is the first time you have shopped with us or are not logged in to your account, when you press the "checkout" button it will take you to the “sign in” information page. On this page you have three options:
- You can sign in to your online account if you have already created one.
- You can register to create a new account.
- You can continue to checkout as a guest, without logging in or creating an account.
- If you have chosen to checkout without creating an account the information in steps 1 & 2 below will not be saved in our online account area.
- If you choose to register with us you will be asked to enter your name, email address and your chosen password. For security purposes your password must be between be between 7 - 16 characters and contain at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 number.
Billing & Delivery Details
- Once you have made your checkout option you will be asked to provide us with full details of the billing address. If you have already registered with us then you will see a drop down box with “create new address”. Once you click on this you will see the billing address details from your account. You also have the option to create a new billing address if appropriate. If you are checking out as a guest then you will be presented with fields to complete for your billing information and the drop-down box will not appear.
- If the delivery address is different to the billing address you will need to un-tick the box under “Delivery Address” and you will be presented with fields to complete for the delivery address. Please note that the email address entered in the deliver address will be the email address used by our courier to communicate with you. The email sent by the courier will also contain tracking information. If this field is left blank then no email will be sent by the courier. This page has the facility to search for an address by entering the postcode. This page also contains an optional box for further delivery instructions such as, deliver to no….. if no answer. Please note that this field is limited to 50 characters. You will also be required to tick the box to accept our terms and conditions on this page before proceeding to the next step.
- If you have chosen to open an account the billing and delivery details entered in step 1 & 2 above will be recorded in our database for future use by you. Please note that our system does not record any payment card details. If you have logged into your account to make the purchases then the fields can be automatically populated by the system from the information recorded in your account but can be edited by you, if necessary. The system has the facility to record several delivery addresses.
- The billing and/or shipping address and/or password can be updated whenever you login on our web site.
Free Gift Card Message Page
- Once you have entered the information on the Billing/Delivery Address page press the “Next Step” button which will take you to the “Message” page. If your purchase is a gift, then you can leave a message in this box. This message will be transferred to a gift card and included with your gift. This is a free service. Please note the message box is limited to 255 characters. Once you are happy with your message then press the “Proceed to Payment” button.
- If your purchase is not a gift then press the “Proceed to Payment” button towards the bottom of the page.
- The "proceed to payment" button will take you to a page giving details of your order and your billing and delivery information.
- On this page have the option to edit your billing and delivery information.
- Once you have reviewed all the information on this page you should enter your payment details.
- To protect your Credit or Debit card information, we use a specialist Payment Services Provider who is compliant with the VISA and MasterCard PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards. We don't record or store your card details, and no Welsh Whisky employee has access to any card details. You will see a padlock in the right-hand corner of the bottom bar to indicate that you are now in a secure area.
- You will be asked to supply your credit/debit card details. Once these details have been entered check that the information is correct and then click the “Pay Now” button.
- Delivery will be made to the address provided by you normally within two working days. We always endeavour to deliver items to our customers as quickly as possible. If we have a query on your order, you will be contacted as soon as possible either by telephone or email.
- Most deliveries will need a signature. If you are not at home during the day and would like your order to be delivered to an alternative address, please enter these details in the "Check Out” process above.
- For most orders for delivery to mainland UK, you will receive an email from our courier to the email address you have provided with your order, confirming when delivery will take place. If you (or the recipient if it is a gift) are not in when the courier attempts delivery a card will be left with the consignment number on and the address and contact details of the local depot. A redelivery can be arranged.
- For some orders we may use other services such as Royal Mail. If you do not receive an email confirmation from our courier or your order has not been received within three working days or is a gift and you would like confirmation that the item has been delivered, then please email email@example.com three working days after placing your order. Please quote your name and order number (which can be found under order confirmation on your acknowledgement) and dispatch and/or delivery information will be supplied to you.